In April 2014, the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) stood up a Health Information Service Provider (HISP) to provision Direct Secure Messaging mailboxes for eligible providers (EPs) participating in the Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program and their referral partners.
CT Provider Direct is a HIPAA-compliant webmail solution that meets the Direct Secure Messaging protocol standards specified by the US government and allows providers to securely send and receive messages and attachments. CT Provider Direct functions just like regular email; all you need to use your account is an internet connection.
Benefits of Direct Messaging
- Communicate with providers, hospitals, and labs in real time
- Improve care coordination
- Easily display and print C-CDAs
- HIPAA compliant, includes delivery confirmations
- No EHR Required
- Replaces non-secure fax
- Provides a structured way to import data directly into an EHR